Saturday, March 26, 2011

MAC Class at the MAC PRO Store


Today was my first experience going to a MAC makeup class.  We arrived at the Pro Store around 11am.  The Pro Store is like a Candy Shoppe for Makeup Lovers.  I love the whole experience of going there.  I like playing with all the makeup, swiping and checking out all the different colors and textures and everything just looks colorful and artistic.  So we all go back into a small room with 3 different stations and there were about four people to each station not including the artist.  At each station they were teaching a different look.  At our first station Tyna (my friend) Got the first makeover.  The Artist showed how to do a Smokey eye with a Black Grease Stick it was really dark and used Print (gray shadow) to blend into the crease and Black Tied (sparkly black) to dry up the paint stick and under the lower lash line.  Then she used Melon Pigment over that and Vanilla Pigment to highlight under the brow.  It was a pretty intense look.  Nothing I would ever imagine Tyna wearing but it was useful to see the kind of technique to play around with some other colors. 

At the next station I was up.  I had my lips done and the artist used BUERRE Creme Stick liner which is gorgeous,  (I completely fell in love with this color)  and she used a Brick Red color lipstick and Dazzleglass Lipgloss in Baby Sparks.  It was definately different than what I'm used to.  We all know I like a Nude Lip. ( But Lately I've been rockin Bright Pink Lips).  She also showed us how to put on Eyelashes, and by the way the #7 eyelashes are PERFECT they have the perfect curl, and the new mommy that was the model for the lashes it just perked her right up.  They were beautiful.  The artist also showed how to use the Strobe cream (which I love and want to get) it really made her glow and she applied a Neutral Lip and used Viva Glam V Lipstick.  She looked great.  and at the last station the artist showed us how to get glowy skin by using the strobe cream mixed with foundation and then used powder and bronzer for a glowy look.  It was really nice..  After that time for shopping. I purchased a 15 Pallette and refills of Naked Lunch, Nylon, and Quarry Eyeshadows; Studio Finish Concealer in NC 30; Buerre Cremestick Lipliner and a blush brush (not in the picture).  I also helped Tyna pick out some makeup and she bought tons of goodies. 




                                      



No comments: